axis-java-user mailing list archives

From TGer...@Informatica.com
Subject WebLogic installation problem: StringIndexOutOfBoundsException an d NoClassDefFoundError caused by commons-logging.jar
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 09:31:34 GMT
I had a lot of trouble with installing Axis (nightly build) on BEA WebLogic
6.1 SP2.
First I got a StringIndexOutOfBoundsException while booting the server.
A mail in this list by David Ostrovsky suggested to rename
log4j-20020623.jar to log4j.jar. After doing that, I got a
NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory.

The reason: commons-logging.jar contains a manifest file which WebLogic
seems to have troubles with. I just deleted the manifest file from the jar
file, and everything worked fine. Didn't even have to rename
log4j-20020623.jar

Tom