axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pfeiffer, Richard" <Richard_Pfeif...@tesseract.com>
Subject SAX in Reverse?
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:45:27 GMT
Just as Axis uses SAX instead of DOM to parse incoming messages, I was
wondering whether it would be significantly faster to build an outgoing XML
message by appending tags and text to a StringBuffer, sort of like SAX in
reverse, rather than using the DOM API and doing appendChild, etc.

I would like to hear people's opinions on whether this is worth doing, and
if it is, I'd like help in the one thing I haven't figured out yet. Since we
need to return a DOM Element to the client, is there a way to convert a
String of XML elements into a valid DOM Element?

Any ideas or feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

Richard