axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Müller <wolfgang.mueller-...@web.de>
Subject WSDL-Service Payload encoding/decoding to/from different "XML"-Formats
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:38:49 GMT
Hello,

In a project I have to transform the communication between an AXIS-Client and a SOAP-Service
directly to another XML-Format or Object Model. For that I need, similar to that what is already
realised in AXIS, a Type Mapping between the Service Type (RPC-Parameter-Types) and the
"local"-Types (Object Model).

Where is the best point to integrate such a mapping?

One option would be, directly to use the Stubs, as produced by WSDL2Java, generating
from these informations the transformators for type mapping.

Looking at this option, I have the feeling to reimplent a lot of things already implemented
in the AXIS-Encoding-Subsystem.

Therefore comes up the other option, to integrate this type-mapping directly in the
Encoding-Subsystem with special extended factory classes and
serializers/deserializers.

Would this be the preferable solution?

Are there some papers around, giving a more global view on the
AXIS-Encoding Subsystem?

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Wolfgang