axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cameron Ross" <...@rsssolutions.com>
Subject Read-only bean properties and ?WSDL.
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:31:08 GMT
Hello,

I have deployed an axis web service with a service method that returns a
complex type.  This return type follows the java bean naming conventions
to define a simple bean with a single read-only property, that is, it
has a single private String data member with a getter method only.  When
I deploy the service and check the ?WSDL output I find that the sequence
element under the associated complex type is empty (i.e. <sequence />).
If I add a setter method for the property and re-deploy the service I
get the expected result (i.e. <sequence> <element name="message"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />).

Is their a way to employ the BeanSerializer for beans with read-only
properties, or must I write custom serialization code?

Cheers,

Cameron.
"If you can't explain something to a six-year old, you really don't
understand it yourself."  Albert Einstein.