axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sebastian" <kseba...@kivera.com>
Subject Messaging MessageFactoryImpl class
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:13:01 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to develop a messaging server servlet which uses the
MessageFactory to create a SOAPMessage
as follows:

MessageFactory myFactory = MessageFactory.newInstance();

But I get the following error during runtime :

javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unable to create message factory for SOAP:
Provider com.sun.xml.messaging.soap.MessageFactoryImpl not found

I downloaded the Sun Java JWSDP  package and found that the
MessageFactoryImpl class is in the
saaj-ri.jar file under the package "com/sun/xml/messaging/saaj/soap/".

But the AXIS MessageFactory.java code in the axis source expects the
MessageFactoryImpl class to be in
a totally different package as defined in the code below:

private static final String DEFAULT_MESSAGE_FACTORY =
"com.sun.xml.messaging.soap.MessageFactoryImpl";

This means my code will not work even if I copy the saaj-ri.jar file
over to my webserver.

Can someone tell me how to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin