axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jesper Söderlund <Jesper.Soderl...@smarttrust.com>
Subject WebService interface design..
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 06:25:54 GMT
Since the whole WebService thing is quite new, to me at least, I wonder if one of you guys
have seen any resources or have any personal tips on "gotchas" for how to design the web service
interface to make them robust to change. I mean it's easy enough to smack together an interface
but another thing to make the API robust.

My feeling right now is that the web service paradigm encourages a quite "course" level of
API and that the API should consist of some small query operations to retrieve adequate information
and then a big "submit-the-whole-thing" API operation.

Any ideas?

/Jesper