axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gaonkar, Anuroop (MED, WIPRO)" <Anuroop.Gaon...@med.ge.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat + Axisintegration problem
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:33:10 GMT

This assumes you have JAVA_HOME setup with proper jdk. This was the
config doc that I created for axis config on tomcat.

3.	Download the apache axis toolkit from xml-axis-beta2.zip . If
you need the source code for this then download the source code from
xml-axis-beta2-src.zip .

4.	Then install the Tomcat Servlet container on your system in a
specific directory. Let us call this as  TOMCAT_HOME. For example if
Apache Tomcat 4.0 is in C:\Program Files then TOMCAT_HOME= C:\Program
Files\Apache tomcat 4.0. Set up environment variable TOMCAT_HOME with
this value.

5.	Set up environment variable with correct value for JAVA_HOME.
For example if jdk is installed in C:\jdk1.3 then JAVA_HOME is C:\jdk1.3

6.	Then extract the axis from xml-axis-beta2.zip in to a directory.
Let us assume lib , doc and other directories got created in
C:\xml-axis-beta2. Then AXIS_HOME= C:\xml-axis-beta2.

7.	Copy the axis directory found in AXIS_HOME\webapps to
TOMCAT_HOME\webapps.

8.	Then move the files jaxrpc.jar and wsdl4j.jar found in
TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib directory to
TOMCAT_HOME\common\lib.

Note : You need to move the files not copy the files.

9.	Now start the Tomcat servlet container using the starup short
cut or using the startup.bat scripts.

10.	Access the axis using http://localhost:8080/axis.

Hope this helps.

regards,