axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Minh Duong" <mdu...@iwise.com>
Subject RE: Newbie trying TestClient: getting java.net.ConnectionException
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:44:29 GMT
Check on your application server (Tomcat, BEA Logic, etc).  I get that error when I forget
to start Tomcat.  One way is browse your server i.e. (http://localhost:8080/axis).  As for
nagoya.apache.org, it's been down recently for me for some unknown reason.

Minh

	-----Original Message-----
	From: runstein [mailto:runstein@biotronik.com]
	Sent: Wed 6/12/2002 2:12 PM
	To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
	Subject: Newbie trying TestClient: getting java.net.ConnectionException

	I am fairly new to Java and brand-spankin new to Axis.  I have been having
	trouble getting the following code to run.  I keep getting "Error :
	java.net.ConnectionException: ConnectionRefused".  I'm assuming that the
	error is coming from the address assigned to endpoint.  I've tried the
	address shown as well as http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echo

	I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, but I can't figure out what the problem
	is.  Any help is most appreciated.

	import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
	import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
	import javax.xml.rpc.namespace.QName;

	public class AAxis{
	public static void main(String args[]){
	try {
	String endpoint = "http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/servlet/AxisServlet";
	Service service = new Service();
	Call call = (Call)service.createCall();
	call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new java.net.URL(endpoint));
	call.setOperationName(new QName("http://soapinterop.org/", "echoString"));
	String ret = (String)call.invoke(new Object[] {"Hello"});
	System.out.println("sent hello and got back " + ret);
	}
	catch (Exception e){
	System.out.println("Errored :" + e.toString());
	}
	}
	}

	Todd Runstein