axis-java-user mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Kaatz <ka...@e-commerceit.de>
Subject Re: Axis web services for MySQL Connection.
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:01:58 GMT
Hi to all,

I use a data access object design pattern (DAO), to access a mysql database
through a webservice function.
To big advantage is, that one doesn't need any database specific
environment variables like host, database, user
or something else in the source code. All this is done in the JNDI
environment of the tomcat application server.
Another big advantage is, that the used database is abstracted from the
"real" web service. It is very simple to
change the database layer for another database engine.

If anybody is interested in this feature, I can build up a small example
from my source code.

Greetings
Juergen