axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Ewins <Brian.Ew...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Several SOAP body blocks - can Axis deal with it
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:01:47 GMT
Dittmann Werner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> according to the SOAP specs
>
> <quote>
>   The (SOAP Body) element MAY contain a set of SOAP body
>   blocks, each being an immediate child element of the
>   SOAP Body.
> </quote>
>
> Axis (in RPC and/or doc/lit mode) processes (at least?)
> one immediate child element. What happens if there are
> more immediate child elements? Does Axis filters the
> child elements and uses only those relevant for its
> processing? (Silently ignoring the other child elements?)

Quoting the spec again, for RPC:
The invocation is viewed as a SINGLE struct containing an accessor for
each [in] or [in/out] parameter. The struct is both named and typed
identically to the procedure or method name
The response is viewed as a SINGLE struct ...

(my emphasis, this is from the 1.2 spec) - I read this as saying that,
for RPC, other body blocks are actually illegal (this isnt inconsistent
with your quote, since RPC is a restriction of SOAP)

As for anything else - body blocks are implicitly mustUnderstand="1" so
they must be processed or rejected, never ignored.

Disclaimer: I'm talking from the spec here, I've not tried this with axis.

-Baz