axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Burnley <ch...@viator.com>
Subject WSDL using message part element
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:08:24 GMT

I am using beta 2, and have the following schema / wsdl set up.

<definitions name="SomeWSDL"
xmlns:some="http://www.xyz.com/schema/SomeSchema"
elementFormDefault="qualified">

<import namespace="http://www.xyz.com/schema/SomeSchema"
location="SomeSchema.xsd"/>

<message name="GetXYZRequest">
<part name="eXYZParameters" element="some:eXYZParameters"/>
</message>

</definitions>

And in SomeSchema.xsd:

<schema version="1.4"
        targetNamespace="http://www.xyz.com/schema/SomeSchema"
	xmlns:other="http://www.xyz.com/schema/AnotherSchema"
        elementFormDefault="qualified">

        <import namespace="http://www.xyz.com/schema/AnotherSchema"
         schemaLocation="anotherSchema.xsd"/>

<element name="eXYZParameters" type="other:XYZParameters"/>

</schema>

Obviously I've stripped a lot of information here, basically I am trying
to use an element in the message part instead of the type. If there are
any typos, its because I've tried to rewrite it to protect the external
party I am working with. Don't ask me why it was done this way !

If I use 'type' instead of 'element' and refer to the
other:XYZParameters directly, the resulting SOAP message is missing any
namespace qualification of the parameter 'eXYZParameters'.

Is it something I am doing wrong ? Or is the axis implementation not
correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Burnley