axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: installation: why a failure is actually a success.
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:55:16 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Sakhr" <ralph@geeklings.net>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: installation: why a failure is actually a success.

> Pamela-
>
> This is suspicious because I know the Tomcat server cannot be down.  AFter
all, I got a response message from the server.  Also, I can see the
exception dump in the Tomcat window.

> In fact if you look at the exception dump, it lists:
> samples.stock.StockQuoteService.getQuote(StockQuoteService.java:90)&#xd;
> so I know that the stock quote service is being invoked.  In fact, the
line that is throwing the exception is doing something with the URL.

the stock quote service tries to go through your firewall. Unless you run
tomcat with proxy settings (something
like -Dhttp.proxyhost=foo -Dhttp.proxyport=8080 ) it wont work