axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Configuring a web service...
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:54:08 GMT
The way I configure all my apps right now is

-configurable objects take a Configurable interface in constructor; this has
a few getProperty methods and a getSubConfiguration(String name) method that
returns a sub config

-this is mapped to an XML config file, though I could swap it for JNDI or
something in future

-I have a different XML file for every host, driven off hostname

-when my app starts, it gets its hostname and pulls in the config file.

this lets me get away with tunable configs for different boxes from a single
WAR file. The JNDI option will let me move to a clustered approach as and
when necessary.