axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Takashi Okamoto" <tokam...@rd.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: Thread safe clients
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:27:47 GMT
> I have problems when sending two simulaneous requests
> (from different threads) to the same URL. I have been playing
> a little bit with axis source code and everything seems to work
> if I synchronize the invoke(SOAPEnvelope)  method in
> Call.java

Which version of xerces did you use?

Here is a my opinions:

+ I had problem with Xerces 2.0.x while call Call.invoke(Object []) in
   multithread. But it perhaps work good with xerces1.4.4.

+ The SOAPEnvelop was broken when share one element for
   some SOAPEnvelope instance in each threads.
   (SOAPEnvelope just refer element which is specified constructor)

+ At least axis beta2 have multithread problem at XMLUtils.java
   around DOM. (It was fixed in CVS by my patch:))

Does anybody have other opinionsabout multithread?

reagrds,

Takashi Okamoto