axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: installation: why a failure is actually a success.
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 05:38:40 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Sakhr" <ralph@geeklings.net>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: installation: why a failure is actually a success.

> > > In fact if you look at the exception dump, it lists:

samples.stock.StockQuoteService.getQuote(StockQuoteService.java:90)&#xd;
> > > so I know that the stock quote service is being invoked.  In fact, the
> > line that is throwing the exception is doing something with the URL.
> >
> > the stock quote service tries to go through your firewall. Unless you
run
> > tomcat with proxy settings (something
> > like -Dhttp.proxyhost=foo -Dhttp.proxyport=8080 ) it wont work
>
> Thanks for the hint regarding firewalls.  I dont know a thing about them.
My firewall allows me to make usual Get/Post requests in HTTP.  Wouldn't the
stock quote service also use the regular HTTP port?  If so why is the
firewall an issue?

if your web browser needs to be configured with the name and port of a
firewall, so do your java programs