axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How to stop encoding public static fields?
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 16:11:53 GMT
I made a recent change to Axis to prevent the serialization of  static ,
final, and non-public fields.

Please get a new Axis drop and try it out.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

Seth Ladd <seth@brivo.net>
05/31/2002 10:46 AM
Please respond to axis-user

        To:     axis-user@xml.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        How to stop encoding public static fields?

Hello again,

Is there any way in Axis to tell the encoder to ignore public static
fields?  Or better yet, if the field is final, to ignore setting it?

I have a class that has a list of public static final attributes.  They
get encoded OK (which is a bit verbose I guess), but when they get
decoded the engine tries to set those final fields, which of course
fails.

Any ideas here?  Do I have to move those static finals out of the class?

Thanks very much,
Seth