axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: WSDL2Java: abstract class generated for referenced type?!?
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 13:37:03 GMT
There is a problem with calling a service that has an abstract complex
type as a parameter.  I am working on this right now.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

"St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sylvain.StGermain@cognos.com>
05/30/2002 08:31 AM
Please respond to axis-user

        To:     axis-user@xml.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: WSDL2Java: abstract class generated for referenced type?!?

Use the -a switch on WSDL2Java.
Sylvain.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Hütter [mailto:ronald.huetter@home-huetter.de]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 5:19 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org

I defined a service, which uses a complex type. The complex
type (at the service side) is described by an _interface_.
Running the sources through Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java results
in a client-side class being generated for the complex type
which is _abstract_. Now, if I execute the service method,
axis complains because it cannot set the property (in
call.invoke). If I just remove the >abstract< from the
generated class definition, everything works fine.

Any idea, how I could get the non-abstract class right from
WSDL2Java or am I missing something?

This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If
you