axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "L Rutker" <lrut...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis SOAP on PDA
Date Sun, 12 May 2002 20:11:05 GMT
I guess that would depend on a few factors.
A) Personal Java (I am using the beta from sun for ithe ARM processor on my
PPC2002 pda) only supports up to 1.18. Jars can be added to the classpath
but only if they contained classes that are not later than 1.1.x.
B)not all 1.1.x classes are implemented. Some later classes that have no
native connections such as Swing can be used by adding the classes to the
classpath via a registry setting.

The question is does Axis use any later than 1.1.x calls? remember that many
common class such as Vector.add only came in 1.2 (previous versions used
Vector.addElement) Its a tricky question to answer but I guess tryit and let
us know.

for more info on Java and the iPaq check out:
http://csc.dhs.org/java.php

where there is information on a Java compiler for the iPaq/Jornada etc as
well as information on adding jars to the classpath etc.

Have fun
Lou