axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Lomeli" <kyle.lom...@deitel.net>
Subject RE: RE: Malformed Axis Response?
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 18:26:35 GMT
Thank you for your suggestions, Lyndon. These are my comments and
clarifications.

>Try using the TCPMon tool that comes with Axis to ascertain if it's the
>JAX-RPC RI or Axis. I would suggest writting your client program using
>Axis to access your web service.

Actually I have tried running an Axis client. The Axis client does
successfully communicate with the Axis server.

I don't see how this implies whether JAX-RPC RI or Axis has the correct
interpretation of the SOAP specs. If the Axis client can successfully
communicate with the Axis server, then this implies that the Axis client
support classes were also designed with the same enterpretation of the SOAP
specs that guided the development of the Axis server-side support classes.

>Use the TCPMon tool to observe both
>client calls in Axis and JAX-RPC to see which one does'nt conform to the
>SOAP 1.1 specification.

The problem I am having results from the response that the Axis server
generates. Is
Axis not properly formatting the response, or is the JAX-RPC RI incorrectly
interpreting what a response should be?

 Kyle Lomeli
 Software Developer
 Deitel & Associates, Inc.
 www.deitel.com

 Register now for the DEITEL BUZZ e-mail newsletter at
 http://www.deitel.net/newsletter/subscribe.html