axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Warr <Chr...@esd.nec.com.au>
Subject RE: Returning a parameter, ie. an [out] parameter
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 05:30:47 GMT

I've got a little further, I've found out about Holders now.  So I changed
the xmlESDO parameter to StringHolder and the wsdl that got generated had
the StringHolder defined as a complex type and put the parameter in the
response message definition.

However, it doesn't work.  I still get the same error in vb.  I used tcpmon
to see what conversations were going back and forth and the client only gets
the wsdl definition.  So is the mssoap com object doing something wrong with
this type?  I'm just passing in a vb String type when I make the call,
should I be using a different type?

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Warr [mailto:ChrisW@esd.nec.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 23 May 2002 12:00
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Returning a parameter, ie. an [out] parameter

Hi, I need to change a parameters value and return it to the caller (xmlESDO
below).  My Method looks like this.

public int ValidateTailorDetails(String esid, String ScreenID, String
xmlESDO, int index)
{
        xmlESDO = "blah";

        return 0;
}

I'm just letting axis generate the WSDL.  I tried taking the axis generated
xml and adding an element to the response message, like below, and then
using this wsdl file in my call.

  <wsdl:message name="ValidateTailorDetailsRequest">
    <wsdl:part name="esid" type="xsd:string"/>
    <wsdl:part name="ScreenID" type="xsd:string"/>
    <wsdl:part name="xmlESDO" type="xsd:string"/>
    <wsdl:part name="index" type="xsd:int"/>
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:message name="ValidateTailorDetailsResponse">
    <wsdl:part name="xmlESDO" type="xsd:string"/>	<------------- Added
this bit
    <wsdl:part name="return" type="xsd:int"/>
  </wsdl:message>

For mine this should work, but my VB test app. gets an error - 'Invalid
procedure call or argument'
Anyone got any ideas as to anything else I need to do?

Chris.