axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Provencher, Samuel" <sprovenc...@telegea.com>
Subject RE: Changing the target URL for an Axis web service (Tomcat)
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 15:16:58 GMT
you will need to modify the deployment descriptor for the servlet...
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Dibble [mailto:jdibble@amberpoint.com]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 9:01 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Changing the target URL for an Axis web service (Tomcat)

I'd like to change the target URL for my Axis web service, which I am
deploying to Tomcat.  Namely, I'd like to change the name "axis" to
"tutorial", and remove the requirement for the word "services" in the path.
So, rather than using this URL:
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/OrderProcessingService?wsdl
<http://localhost:8080/axis/services/OrderProcessingService?wsdl>
the user will use this URL:
http://localhost:8080/tutorial/OrderProcessingService?wsdl
<http://localhost:8080/tutorial/OrderProcessingService?wsdl>

What is the recommended way to do this?

Here's what I tried so far:
1)       I renamed the axis.war to tutorial.war.
2)       I changed the URL pattern in the web.xml file from "/services/*" to
simply "*"

This almost did the trick, but now I can't use the AdminClient to register
web services (it seems to be looking for the URL
".../axis/services/AdminService").  Any advice?