axis-java-user mailing list archives

From thomas.che...@ascentialsoftware.com
Subject RE: Web Service and EJB with Axis and JBoss
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 12:56:02 GMT
It seems that a couple of people got a corrupted zip.
I suspect that this is coming from the .vbs file included in the zip and
some mailers trying to remove it (considered as a virus).
There is a new zip with a .vbscript instead of .vbs. That should do it.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: thomas.cherel@ascentialsoftware.com
[mailto:thomas.cherel@ascentialsoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 12:58 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org; axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Web Service and EJB with Axis and JBoss

Here is a zip file containing some code and documentation to build and run
some web services implemented as EJBs. The EJBs are deployed in JBoss, the
web services are deployed into Axis. Axis is deployed into Tomcat (which is
bundled with JBoss). The web services are very simple (echo and count type
of operations). The point of this distribution is from an integration point
of view.

Here is what is covered:

*	Axis web services implemented using EJBs

*	Request and session scope web service with stateless and stateful
EJBs

*	JAAS security applied on the EJBs implementation, allowing security
on the web services

*	HTTPS encryption for some of the web services

*	Java web service client application (using Axis client API) with
JAAS security and HTTPS.

*	C# .NET web service client application with JAAS security and HTTPS.

*	VBScript MSSoap Toolkit web service client application with JAAS
security. Could not yet make HTTPS working.

The axis mailing list helped me a lot to put all that together, so feel free
to reuse it as much as needed. If you find any issues or if you improve it,
I will be happy to integrate the changes.

To the Axis development team, if you want to include some of this (or all of
it) in the Axis distribution and/or documentation, no problem for me.

Thomas

<<AxisJBossWebServices.zip>>