axis-java-user mailing list archives

From thomas.che...@ascentialsoftware.com
Subject RE: Session full web service with ejb provider and JAAS security
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 15:06:33 GMT
I figured out the answers to my questions.
Let me reply to myself, just in case somebody else is interested.

1) The stateful bean stopped to be maintained by the ejb container in the
following cases:
    - timing out in the ejb container. The ejb container, when the stateful
is not used for a while, can destroy the bean. I did not find any code in
the Axis EJBProvider to handle that correctly (axis-beta2).
    - if the ejb client object (the object created by the EJBProvider) is
explicitly calling remove, it will recycle the stateful bean. I did not see
any code in Axis to do this kind of cleanup if the Axis session times out.
I was actually wrong when saying that destroying the Call object will
recycle the stateful bean. When the Call object is destroyed (actually, it
is more when my java axis client program finishes), the axis session will
eventually timeout (I guess) and the ejb client will disapear, but as I said
above, I did not see any code in Axis for a proper cleanup of the ejb
(remove should be called).

2) The problem has nothing to do with Axis. My ejb container is JBoss, and
their interpretation of the EJB spec is that a security exception is a
runtime exception and a runtime exception is destroying the stateful bean.
So after the first security exception, the stateful bean is gone, but axis
is still caching the ejb client object to this bean, so when I invoke a new
web service operation, I get some object not found type of exceptions. I
sent another post in the axis-dev list to find out if I have a way, from the
client, to remove the cached service object in a session scope service. No
answers yet.

Thomas