axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Newman, Scott" <snew...@ufsonline.com>
Subject RE: HELP!!!! Axis cannot deploy or undeploy anymore
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 18:33:18 GMT
Thanks for the response glen.

I get why it was doing it now, but too late, I alreade re-installed
everything.  :-)

I'm entering it into the bugzilla database right now.  Do you want me to
assign this to you?

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels [mailto:gdaniels@macromedia.com]
Sent: 13 May, 2002 1:27 PM
To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: HELP!!!! Axis cannot deploy or undeploy anymore

Hi Scott:

Here's my guess - try going into the server-config.wsdd in your axis WEB-INF
directory and taking a look at that.  The problem is that your beanmapping
is apparently using a bad (or nonexistent) prefix for the type='' attribute.
For instance, this won't work:

<beanMapping type="org.apache.axis.foo"...>

but this will:

<beanMapping type="java:org.apache.axis.foo"...> (assuming java: is mapped
correctly)

We did it like this because the WSDD format was designed to be useful for
more than just Java.

You could remove the beanMapping in the server-config.wsdd, or just fix the
prefix mapping.

As for the exception, a bad typemapping certainly shouldn't be causing
deployment to fail in general.  I'll take a look at the code and see if I
can fix this issue - could you open a bugzilla bug for this?

Thanks,

--Glen