axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <...@netcabo.pt>
Subject date serialization
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 04:05:16 GMT

   I have a method in a web service which receives as an argument a
java.util.Date...

   My client is in .NET and the generated WSDL is this:

<complexType name="Date">
<complexContent>
<extension base="xsd:dateTime">
<sequence>
<element name="Hours" type="xsd:int" />
<element name="Minutes" type="xsd:int" />
<element name="Seconds" type="xsd:int" />
</sequence>
</extension>
</complexContent>
</complexType>

    The thing is .net is not able to understand this WSDL and as far as i
understood the error it is generating a class with only the hours, minutes
and seconds field, which leads to an error when trying to convert it to a
System.DateTime class in .net!!

     I'm thinking of having this passed as a string but if there is a way
to have it automatically serialized to a dateTime field, it would be better...

    Thanks in advance
         Ricardo Rocha