axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Vardeman <andr...@iastate.edu>
Subject Re: Axis sessions using non-Axis client?
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 18:17:21 GMT
Mark,

I think the code you're looking at contains a client and a server.  From
skimming the comments, it looks like it's creating and deploying a service,
then testing it with a client, all in the same program.  So, in
TestSimpleSession.java, the setMaintainSession() method call is for the
client.  If you check out Stan Jordan's StatefulService example from this
post: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=101941819811033&w=2, you
can see that this method call is made in the client and not the
service.  You can put a SimpleSessionHandler in front of your service (you
specify this in the deploy.wsdd file).  This will generate a session id,
place it in the SOAP Header or a cookie, create a corresponding Session
object, and place a reference to it in the MessageContext so you can get at
it from your service.  Store session data there and it's there the next
time the client makes a request, provided the client includes the correct
session ID in the SOAP Header or a cookie.  It's still up to the client to
properly handle the session id on its end.

Andrew

p.s. people who explained this to me, please jump in if I got it wrong--