axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Vadim Zaliva <vzal...@setnet.com>
Subject Re: Single-Step Deployment
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 22:43:00 GMT
Jim Dibble wrote:

> Is it possible to deploy a web service without sending a message to
> the axis servlet ?  In effect, I would like to place my compiled
> classes and my deployment information (the info in the deploy.wsdd
> file) into my Tomcat directory structure, and have the web service
> work without having to send the axis servlet a message from the
> org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.  I notice that the servlet creates
> the server-config.wsdd file once I send my deploy.wsdd file, and that
> this file contains the metadata about the deployed web service.  Could
> I hand-code a server-config.wsdd file and place it directly in the
> WEB-INF directory at startup?

Jim,

I had exatly the problem you describe. We deployed service once manually
and when
stole server-config.wsdd and put it into WEB-INF directory of our WAR
file. It works fine. However regenerating it manually after each change
to WSDL is painful.

I am no AXIS expert and hope there is better solution.

Vadim