axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Schuring, Tom" <Tom.Schur...@baycorpadvantage.com>
Subject RE: How do you pass XML documents using RPC between Java and .NET?
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 21:50:14 GMT
Hello Bob,

how about serializing to string and passing it along that way ?

tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Evans [mailto:axis@webdev.apl.jhu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 5:05 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: How do you pass XML documents using RPC between Java and .NET?

Hi,

I'm learning how to use Axis, and have gotten stumped on how to pass XML

documents/elements between Axis and .NET.  I wrote a *very* simple echo
program (attached) that gets an Element as an argument and then returns
it.  This works fine if I have a Java Client on this Axis webservice.

However, if I try to use it from .NET, .NET doesn't seem to recognize
the  "public Element sayHello(Element element)" method that is in the
webservice.

I'm sure that my problem is obvious and very basic, but I don't
understand what it is.  I thought the Element class was a basic XML type

and that .NET should recognize it (the generated WSDL looks ok).  Any
help or hints would be appreciated.

tia,

Bob Evans