axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Hui Deng <hdeng...@yahoo.com>
Subject logging OK to console, but failed on file.
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 05:51:09 GMT
I have followed the old threads on logging, and tested
my log4j.properties (I put it under
axis/WEB_INF/classes, as suggested):

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, A1, A2

# A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t]
%-5p %c %x - %m%n

# A2 is set to be a FileAppender.
log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A2.File=axis.log

# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A2.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t]
%-5p %c %x - %m%n
After restarting Tomcat, I was only able to see the
logging info on Tomcat console, but nowhere to get
axis.log file. I searched all folders. Do I miss
anything?

Thanks in advance.

-Hui Deng