axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Single-Step Deployment
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 22:59:17 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Dibble" <jdibble@amberpoint.com>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 3:11 PM
Subject: Single-Step Deployment

> Is it possible to deploy a web service without sending a message to the
> axis servlet?  In effect, I would like to place my compiled classes and
> my deployment information (the info in the deploy.wsdd file) into my
> Tomcat directory structure, and have the web service work without having
> to send the axis servlet a message from the
> org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.  I notice that the servlet creates
> the server-config.wsdd file once I send my deploy.wsdd file, and that
> this file contains the metadata about the deployed web service.  Could I
> hand-code a server-config.wsdd file and place it directly in the WEB-INF
> directory at startup?

I havent explored this, but maybe you could take the wsdd fiel that gets
created and put it in your app for redeployment.

> Note that the instant deployment solution (.jws files) is not sufficient
> for my needs because (1) I need to do some XML-to-Java mapping that can
> only be accomplished in the deploy.wsdd file and (2) I don't want the
> overhead of compilation on the first call to the web service.

(2) you can fix with a <get> in your build file, post deployment.

(1)..well, we really need xdoclet support for Axis. Ara has promised this in
xdoclet for the sun web service stuff