axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Installing Axis in J2EE Development Enviroment
Date Sun, 05 May 2002 15:45:49 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lyndon Durham" <net.reality@verizon.net>
To: "axis-user" <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 16:24
Subject: Installing Axis in J2EE Development Enviroment

> I have installed Axis in Tomcat sucessfully and would like to install
> the Axis engine in the J2EE SDK 1.3.1 development server. Has anyone
> been able to install the Axis engine as a webapp using the deploytool of
> the J2EE SDK1.3.1? What directory is the equiavlent to webapps directory
> found in the Tomcat engine used by the J2EE development Server? Thanks
> in advance for your assistance.

personally, I'd not waste any time with that server. you can get good ones
you can not only dev on but deploy on for zero outlay at jboss (jboss.org),
bluestone (bluestone.com). among others.

it is absolutely essential that you start using the j2ee engine you are
going to delivery on, right from the outset.