axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Arne M. Degenring" <a...@degenring.de>
Subject Bug in Bean Mapping when using inheritance
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 15:02:32 GMT
Hi,

I think I found a bug in the Bean Mapping when inheritance is used. The
Java bean TestResult is descendant of TestAbstractResult:

-----------
public class TestAbstractResult
{
	private String someInfo;

	public String getSomeInfo()
	{
		return someInfo;
	}

	public void setSomeInfo(String someInfo)
	{
		this.someInfo = someInfo;
	}

}
-----------
public class TestResult extends TestAbstractResult
{
    private String one;

	public String getOne()
	{
		return one;
	}

	public void setOne(String one)
	{
		this.one = one;
	}
}
-----------

This is mapped to the following WSDL types (when accessed through HTTP
GET ?wsdl):

<types>
 <schema targetNamespace="http://degenring.de"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
 <complexType name="TestResult">
  <complexContent>
   <extension base="tns1:TestAbstractResult">
    <sequence>
      <element name="one" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
!!!!  <element name="someInfo" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
!!!!
    </sequence>
   </extension>
  </complexContent>
 </complexType>
 <complexType name="TestAbstractResult">
  <sequence>
   <element name="someInfo" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
  </sequence>
 </complexType>
 <element name="TestResult" nillable="true" type="tns1:TestResult" />
 </schema>
</types>

The "someInfo" element is in the complexType "TestAbstractResult" *and*
in the complexType "TestResult", which inherits from TestAbstractResult.
So the "someInfo" element is twice in "TestResult": Once inherited from
TestAbstractResult, and one defined in TestResult. I think the line
marked with "!!!!" is too much. Do you agree?

Arne