axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Chisholm" <danchish...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: Failing on step 5 of install steps
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 00:34:23 GMT
Chris,

Which version of Java are you running?  If you are using Java 2 Standard Edition version 1.4
(J2SE v1.4), then you might be having a problem with the endorsed standards override mechanism.
 If that's the case, then you could try step 3 of the following modified version of the installation
instructions.  However, if you are not using J2SE v1.4, then the problem must be something
else.

http://home.attbi.com/~danchisholm/axis/doc/install.html

Dan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carver, Christopher
  To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 1:07 PM
  Subject: Failing on step 5 of install steps

  Hi,

  I can't get seem to get step five of the Axis installation to work. I receive the following
error:

  C:\ws\xml-axis-beta2\samples\stock>java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -l  http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService
deploy.wsdd

  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/reflect/InvocationHandler

          at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.<init>(AdminClient.java:113)

          at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(AdminClient.java:333)

  C:\ws\xml-axis-beta2\samples\stock>

  Axis has been started and I made sure by going to http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService.
I'm probably over looking something, but I'm obviously missing it.

  Thanks, Chris