axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sylvain.StGerm...@cognos.com>
Subject RE: Method Over-loading
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:41:35 GMT
Good stuff.
Thanks to you for pointing that out.
Sylvain.

-----Original Message-----
From: robert woodley [mailto:amenttuat@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 10:38 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Method Over-loading

Sylvain -

I should have been more specific.

I start with a java interface, generate the WSDL, then
generate the stubs.  Earlier posts by R J Scheuerle on
this mail list (3/15) confirm that there is a problem
with method over-loading and round-tripping
(Java->WSDL->Java)

But your answer shows me that I was thinking too
narrowly and that there are other contexts where
method over-loading will work.

Still null pointer exceptions in Axis code are bad
things. Users won't all have the time and expertise to
track them down. So perhaps my e-mail will plug one
potential hole. Though when I looked at the latest
code release I see that the routine has been
substantially reworked anyhow.  So my post is really
for whichever developer(s) is working on that code,
and I'm just pointing out a place where one can get a
null pointer exception.  I see that my broader comment
about not allowing over-loading is not so appropriate.

Thanks
Bob Woodley

--- "St-Germain, Sylvain"

you.