axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sylvain.StGerm...@cognos.com>
Subject RE: What should be the location of the webservice
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:08:49 GMT
Never did that but it seems that it is all in the documentation.
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/user-guide.h
tml

Sylvain.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vaishakhi Ajmera [mailto:vaishakhi.ajmera@ardec.com]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 4:32 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: What should be the location of the webservice

I have made a webservice using instant deployment.
When I put the webservice under my application usermgr i.e webapps/usermgr
directory I am not able to get the webservice working. I always get a
Document root element missing error. But if I put my webservice under
webapps/axis it works.

What does this mean. Do my webservices always have to be under the axis web
application directory.
How do I make my service work from under my project directory.

Thanks
Vaishakhi