axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Oren Bar-El" <Oren.Bar...@smarteam.com>
Subject RE: MessageElement
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:53:36 GMT
You need to use msid.getFirstChild().getNodeValue() to get the value of the TextNode.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam.Leggett [mailto:Adam.Leggett@upco.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 4:50 PM
To: Axis User (axis-user@xml.apache.org)
Subject: MessageElement

I need to get the text node from a MessageElement

The xml element is: <msid xsi:type="xsd:string">111111</msid>

getValue() returns null

i.e.
/**
     * Text nodes are not supported.
     */
    public String getValue() {
        return null;
    }

I cetainly would like to avoid using getAsDOM() etc

Is my only option to use toString() ?

Adam Leggett
UPCO
Direct Line: 0113 20 10 631
Fax: 0113 20 10 666
<http://www.upco.co.uk>
The contents of this email are intended for the named addressees and may
contain confidential and / or privileged material. If received in error,
please contact UPCO on +44 (0)113 20 10 600 and then delete the entire email
from your system. Unauthorised review, distribution, disclosure or other use
of this information could constitute a breach of confidence. Your
co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.