axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lasker, Kory" <klas...@qwest.com>
Subject RE: <wsdl:documentation> support?
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:56:00 GMT

  I'm not familiar with how Axis parses .jws's, but wouldn't that be
possible since it's uncompiled?  Admittedly, allowing this would be a fairly
ugly behavioral quirk in the API.  I'd love to be able to just setup the
Deployment Descriptor with the Java/Javadoc path and have it work though.
Keep it in mind at least. ;)

Kory Lasker

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Butek [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 4:35 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: <wsdl:documentation> support?

Taking javadoc comments and putting them into WSDL would really be nice.
But it's not easy.  Java2WSDL works from .class files.  Javadoc comments
aren't in .class files.  So Java2WSDL would have to know where to find the
javadocs (or the .java files) and be able to parse them.  It's not a
trivial task, so don't expect it any time soon.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Lasker, Kory" <klasker@qwest.com> on 04/12/2002 04:19:47 PM