axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Roman Brückner <...@ivu.de>
Subject AW: Strange think
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:25:45 GMT
Thanks Brenda,
After your hint I checked my parser and am now using the same as the server,
actually it works fine for  two methods in the service one returning a
java.util.Date Object the other returning a String, but the one which returns
a ComplexType (bean conform) causes the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.NullPointerException@d1f0ad on
object "axisservice.AXISService", method name "getUserInfo", tried argument
types:
            at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endElement(SAXParser.java:1403)
            at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(XMLValidator.
java:1550)
            at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XML
DocumentScanner.java:1204)
            at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.j
ava:381)
            at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1098)
            at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at
localhost.MyServiceSoapBindingStub.getUserInfo(MyServiceSoapBindingStub.java:
123)
            at axisservice.Client.main(Client.java:31)
Well I got a bit frustrated on this, because I don't know what could cause
the Problem.
Roman
You have an incompatibility with your XML parser - make sure it is JAXP
compliant.  Furthermore, ensure that your client and server are both using a
JAXP compliant XML parser.

brenda
I have a AXIS WebService which is working fine, if I call it from a .NET
client. But when I take the the client code generated by (axis tool)
wsdl2java I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
            at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at
localhost.GISConverterSoapBindingStub.getSystems(GISConverterSoapBindingStub.
java:161)
            at de.ivu.gis.coordinates.samples.Client.main(Client.java:22)
Exception in thread "main"

So what I checked the response, coming from the service which looks fine:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK