axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Barnett <PAU...@Attachmate.com>
Subject RE: Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here...
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:04:23 GMT
Allen,
Are you planning on adding a parameter to enable / disable remote access?

Paul Barnett
Applied Technology Engineer
-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Gordie [mailto:Alan_Gordie@payformance.com]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 1:21 PM
To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here...

Yes, it is just a placeholder for forthcoming functionality.

I've been working on a "Service Manager" GUI for Axis and, as soon as I can
complete some integration work with SimpleAxisServer, it should be available
in a nightly build in the next week or so.  It doesn't currently support
invoking the service methods, but it it allows you to browse through all
deployed services and lists the method and parameters information for each.
I'm pasting in my post to axis-dev from last week into this message for you
to look over in hopes that you folks will be willing to provide some
feedback on what you would like to see added in this area.

Also, I've also jacked in a very basic implementation of WSIL for obtaining
a list of deployed services from Axis via HTTP GET per the IBM spec located
here.

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsilspec.html?d
wzone=webservices
---------------------------------
Here's a copy of my post to axis-dev from last week re:  new Service Manager
functionality.

First off, thanks to Glen Daniels for creating the ServiceDesc/Metadata
system that I'm using to accomplish this.

Now, for the current feature list...

* pointing your browser to /axis/servlet/AxisServlet will generate a list of
deployed services that are links to the details for each service
* selecting a service will display all operations for that service (I'm not
using .getAllowedMethods() yet, only .getOperations() this will change soon)
* selecting an operation will display the parameter list and return type for
the selected operation
And, of course, there are many TODO's..
* decouple the HTML from the logic
* factor this code into a separate class
* add support for generating WSIL (need a "published" attribute at the
ServiceDesc level...also in WSDD)
* add support for deploying/undeploying services
* add support for managing allowedMethods
* display sample SOAP XML for request/response for each operation
* HOLY GRAIL == operation invocation!
* need to move all static strings into the resource table
* user-friendly service description would be nice
* description of each method would also be nice