axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Seely" <sse...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: <wsdl:documentation> support?
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:35:44 GMT
As an alternative to this approach, couldn't you use something like CapeClear's WSDL editor
which is capable of generating stub implementations of a Web service? Then you get WSDL and
Web service separation. IMHO, it's a bad idea to rely on auto-generated WSDL. Because WSDL
defines the interface contract, it should not be easy to change.

Such a tool should be trivial to write.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Lasker, Kory [mailto:klasker@qwest.com]
	Sent: Fri 4/12/2002 2:56 PM
	To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
	Subject: RE: <wsdl:documentation> support?

	  I'm not familiar with how Axis parses .jws's, but wouldn't that be
	possible since it's uncompiled?  Admittedly, allowing this would be a fairly
	ugly behavioral quirk in the API.  I'd love to be able to just setup the
	Deployment Descriptor with the Java/Javadoc path and have it work though.
	Keep it in mind at least. ;)

	Kory Lasker