axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Newman, Scott" <snew...@ufsonline.com>
Subject RE: Kindly help me out - Posting twice !!!
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:42:33 GMT
Hi Jintender

The usual place to keep xml files would be in your WEB-INF folder.  Here is
a quote from the jakarta documentation about the issue:
web/WEB-INF/ - The special configuration files required for your
application, including the web application deployment descriptor (web.xml),
tag library descriptors for custom tag libraries you have created, and other
resource files you wish to include within your web application. Even though
this directory appears to be a subdirectory of your document root, the
Servlet Specification prohibits serving the contents of this directory (or
any file it contains) directly to a client request. Therefore, this is a
good place to store configuration information that is sensitive (such as
database connection usernames and passwords), but is required for your
application to operate successfully.

Do you have a web-service that calls the  authenticate.java, or is this your
web-service itself?

Newman

-----Original Message-----
From: Jitender Singh Singh [mailto:jisingh@rediffmail.com]
Sent: 15 April, 2002 5:44 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Kindly help me out - Posting twice !!!

Hi ,
 	I have posted my query 2 days back but has not received any
reply so far. I am novice in
axis. Kindly find time to answer my query. From my end i have used
all permutation combinations
to solve the same.
     I have deployed my web service using the JWS Files -Instant
Deployment and is succesfully able to access the service at the
required URL. My Java file(authenticate.java) reads an XML File
.Rightnow i have kept it along with .jws file. What is the right
place to keep the XML file ?????
because when i am trying to invoke the service using client at (
String  ret = (String ) call.invoke( new Object [] { i1, i2 })
)
, it is throwing the following exception :

D:\tomcat\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes>java
samples.userguide.
roofexample.AuthClient -p8080 chkAuthentication Jitu Jitu
Exception in thread "main" Error while compiling:
D:\tomcat\Apache Tomcat 4.0\b
in\..\webapps\axis\\authenticate.java
         at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(Unknow
n Source)
         at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1517)

         at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1768)
         at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1496)

         at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1768)
         at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1496)

         at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:500)

         at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
         at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:433)

         at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:393)
         at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Unknown

Sou
rce)
         at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
         at
samples.userguide.roofexample.AuthClient.main(AuthClient.java:101)

Can anybody help me why this error is coming ?

Thanks & Regards,
Jitender.