axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Adam.Leggett" <Adam.Legg...@upco.co.uk>
Subject RE: SimpleDeser cannot handle structured data
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:04:31 GMT
Fixed it!:

			call.addParameter("soapStruct",
                    myQName,
                    javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.PARAM_MODE_IN);

			call.setReturnType( myName );

Users guide often comes in handy ;-)

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam.Leggett [mailto:Adam.Leggett@upco.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 10:47 AM
To: Axis User (axis-user@xml.apache.org)
Subject: SimpleDeser cannot handle structured data

I'm attempting to interop with Axis client and BEA WebLogic Workshop
service.

Workshop SOAP-faulted when using multirefs in the request so I disabled
them:

	AxisEngine engine = service.getEngine();
	engine.setOption("sendMultiRefs",new Boolean("false"));

The request my axis client sends now looks like this:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
	<SOAP-ENV:Body>
  		<ns1:echoStruct xmlns:ns1="http://openuri.org/">
   			<arg0 xmlns:ns2="http://openuri.org/encodedTypes"
xsi:type="ns2:SOAPStruct">
    				<inputInteger
xsi:type="xsd:int">10</inputInteger>
    				<inputString
xsi:type="xsd:string">Adam</inputString>
    				<inputFloat
xsi:type="xsd:float">1.1</inputFloat>
   			</arg0>
		</ns1:echoStruct>
	</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The response I get, which looks like valid SOAP to me is:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
	<SOAP-ENV:Body
		<m:echoStructResponse xmlns:m="http://openuri.org/">
			<echoStructResult>
				<inputString
xsi:type="xsd:string">Adam</inputString>
    				<inputInteger
xsi:type="xsd:int">10</inputInteger>
				<inputFloat
xsi:type="xsd:float">1.1</inputFloat>
			</echoStructResult>
		</m:echoStructResponse>
	</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

However the client throws the following exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeser cannot handle structured data!

Im gonna step throught the src to see if that will shed any light.

In the meantime has anyone encountered this problem before/yet?

TIA

Adam Leggett
UPCO
Direct Line: 0113 20 10 631
Fax: 0113 20 10 666
<http://www.upco.co.uk>
The contents of this email are intended for the named addressees and may
contain confidential and / or privileged material. If received in error,
please contact UPCO on +44 (0)113 20 10 600 and then delete the entire email
from your system. Unauthorised review, distribution, disclosure or other use
of this information could constitute a breach of confidence. Your
co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.