axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jim Dixon <...@dixons.org>
Subject Re: pass by reference in Axis
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:44:56 GMT
On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Evan Jehu wrote:

> Would it be possible to do something like SOAP over Jabber (the open source
> chat system) this could allow a 2 way 'conversation' between the client and
> server?
>
> If you think that could work? is so any thoughts on how it could be
> implemented?

The original question had to do with passing a remote reference, which
would be used to enable the server to publish information to a number
of clients.

In the simplest approach, both parties understand how the information
is going to be structured.  In this case, the client just has to tell
the server how to reach it, so the client only has to tell the server
where to send the information.  This is most easily specified as
FQDN:port or ipAddress:port.

If the structure isn't certain, the client could send to the server
FQDN:port plus a WSDL description of the communication.

Or am I missing something?