axis-java-user mailing list archives

From m...@smallleap.com
Subject Re: axis and cryptography ?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:47:56 GMT
For brevity:

Set the system property "axis.ClientConfigFile" to the
location of your WSDD client side file. For us, the
WSDD file looked something like this -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deployment name="defaultClientConfig"
            xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"

 <globalConfiguration>
  <requestFlow>
    <handler type="java:com.acme.SignMessageHandler"/>
  </requestFlow>
 </globalConfiguration>

 <transport name="http"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
 <transport name="local"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender"/>
</deployment>

We then use a delegate in the web tier that calls the
stub. The stub fires up the Axis engine which invokes
the handler chain. This means that our sign handler
gets called before the transport handler which means we
are signing the message after the stub has created it
and just before transport sends it. If you need anymore
details, just let me know.

-Matt

"Michael Schwarz" wrote

> Do you have a code example ?

descriptor file to
> > define a global handler that signs the request. I
don't recommend
> modifying
> > the stubs since you have to remember to modify them
every time.

> > -Matt

request handler that
> > > encrypts and a response handler that decrypts
(I've never used
> client-side
> > > handlers before, only read about them.)

of the client request.