axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Barbara Noble <bno...@sengent.com>
Subject RE: Fault Handling
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 15:18:24 GMT
Chris,

I do not throw the Axis Fault, I throw my own exception.  It gets 'wrapped'
in the Axis Fault.  I can get the message out of the Axis Fault through the
fault code and fault message accessors.  That is what I am doing now...

On the client side, I have to catch a Axis Fault.  I would prefer it if I
could catch the explicit fault that I am throwing.  (As this lends itself to
figuring out what the error is, and so forth.)

My problem is that I would like the Axis Fault 'deserialized' into the
correct kind of fault.  I realize that this is probably not handled in Axis
right now.  Are there plans to do so?  Is there an easy change within the
Axis code that I could make in order for this to take place?

Thanks for you help,

Barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Haddad [mailto:chris.haddad@cobia.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 2:40 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Fault Handling

Barbara -

The Axis framework currently does not map custom fault objects.  If you
do not throw an AxisFault, the framework will only map the base
exception message (i.e. e.getMessage()). The faultcode and faultmessage
will be set to a default Axis constant.

Is the problem that you can't catch the exception, or that you are not
getting back the expected faultcode and faultmessage? Is this on the
server or client?  Can you post the relevant code snippet?

/Chris