axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Volkmann" <volkma...@charter.net>
Subject Re: What actually happens when you deploy a service
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 23:24:59 GMT
About restarting the server, while this has nothing to do with using AdminClient and deploy.wsdd,
I'm pretty sure that if you copy files for a new webapp under Tomcat's webapps directory you
have to restart Tomcat for it to pick them up. I'd love to be wrong about that, so please
correct me if I am!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Glen Daniels
  To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 4:19 PM
  Subject: RE: What actually happens when you deploy a service

  Hi Mark, Jonathan:

  Mark is mostly right, except that you do not have to restart the server to get access to
the new service.  It is both added to the current in-memory engine configuration and the persistent
server-config.wsdd file.

  You can see a list by running "java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient list" (this returns
the server-config.wsdd XML), and when a deployment is undeployed all the components within
it (I'm assuming you're talking about a WSDD <undeployment> here) are removed from both
the internal and the persistent engine configuraitons.

  --Glen