axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vaishakhi Ajmera" <vaishakhi.ajm...@ardec.com>
Subject Class Cast Exception using return type as List
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:16:35 GMT
I have followed the instructions in the mailing lists and used these options
to get a List as return type from a web service

call.setReturnClass ( java.util.List.class)
List ls = (List)call.invoke( new Object[] {} );

or

call.setReturnType( XMLType.SOAP_ARRAY);
ArrayList ls = (ArrayList)call.invoke( new Object[] {} );

Both the above combination of statements give me a
java.lang.ClassCastException: [Ljava.lang.Object;
.
How should I go about then to get a java.util.List as return type from my
webservice.

Thanks
Vaishakhi