axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Greene" <agre...@romulin.com>
Subject Re: .JWS support ?
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:02:12 GMT
Yeah, I had the same problem. Make sure your distribution is from March
19th, that is the only date that I found that works (however, other things
don't, ie.  The Admin servlet when access via
http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AdminServlet in a web browser shows you
the names of the deployed services in later builds after March 19).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesper Pedersen" <jep@itplus.dk>
To: "Adam Greene" <agreene@romulin.com>
Cc: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: .JWS support ?

I get the following with beta1:

jp@watt:~/WebServices/xml-axis-beta1> java
samples.userguide.example2.CalcClient -p8080 add 1 2
Exception in thread "main" org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the
document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root
element must be well-formed.
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1213)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocume
ntScanner.java:570)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:753)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:381)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1098)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at samples.userguide.example2.CalcClient.main(Unknown Source)

AXIS: Beta1
Tomcat: 4.0.4b2
JDK: 1.3.1_03

So the file still isn't compiled :/
I also tried with Crimson, but with same results (on a Tomcat-3.x server)

It works if 'connect' to a file that contains the response...

Cheers,
 Jesper