axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Exception on implementing java.util.Observer in WebService
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:11:27 GMT
Well, this MAY be a bug.  If an exception arrives from the server, then
that exception is created and thrown on the client.  But the code that
creates and throws that exception may have a bug and that BUG is what's
thrown to the client, not the original server exception.  For some reason I
just assumed that the NPE was a bug exception, not a server exception.  I
could certainly (and most likely) be wrong.  If we could see a stack trace
on a known codebase, then we can tell which line is throwing the exception
and determine whether SOAPFaultBuilder is throwing a server exception or
having problems of its own.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com> on 03/18/2002 07:33:22 AM