axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sylvain.StGerm...@cognos.com>
Subject RE: Array deserialization problem
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:48:31 GMT

This means to me that I cannot used the extended types.
My API is defined with arround a base type but what I am carrying on the
wire is the extended types.

Without the mapping implemented in the Stub I cannot use them.

(Am I missing something here??)

It look to me that generating the types (the classes) is half the solution
if these objects cannot be deserialized.

What do you mean by "... we don't force the Stub to use them?"  Shoudn't we?
What else should the stub use?

Sylvain.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Butek [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 11:12 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Array deserialization problem

The --all option GENERATES all mappings, but since all mappings aren't
USED, we don't force anything (ie., the stub) to use them.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sylvain.StGermain@cognos.com> on 03/19/2002 09:37:52
AM

To:    axis-user@xml.apache.org
cc:

I found it, the Stub constructor is not defining all the mapping for the
types I need.

I am currently calling WSDL2Java with -stav, when you guys implemented the
-all option to generate the classes for all types defined, is it possible
that was forgotten or left aside the change to the Stub that does generate
the mapping for all types as well?

Adding the mapping manually fixed my problem...  I think that -all should
also define all the possible mapping.

Regards,
Sylvain.